Electronic Circuit Designer (m/f/d)
Please apply here on „MINTsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
The Barkhausen Institut, founded in Dresden in 2018, is the German IoT institute. We do research on cutting edge connected technologies and demonstrate their application in the society of tomorrow. Our goal is to build a secure and flexible IoT platform capable of transforming anything into something connected.
The Connected Robotics Lab merges the results of our research and strives to build compelling demos and visualizations. We aim at showcasing 5G and IoT technologies in realistic real-world applications. With a very flat hierarchy as well as an agile team we provide the perfect environment for you to bring in your ideas. We value communication and teamwork to accomplish our ambitious goals together.
We are looking for an
Electronic Circuit Designer (m/f/d)
to bring these ideas to life together with us. Besides an engineer with good and pragmatic skills in electronics we seek someone who participates in the whole development process and shares their unique ideas.
What you will do
- Evaluate analog and digital electronic components such as sensors and motor drivers
- Design schematics, layout and manufacture circuit boards and other electric components for our demonstrators
- Design, write and automate firmware testcases for electronic components
- Test and integrate microcontroller peripherals
- Support in the procurement of required devices. Support in construction tasks
- Discuss in the team about overall demonstrator design and engage in the communication of our work to the Open Lab
- University degree or professional education in appropriate field (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or comparable)
- Experience with electronic design (KiCAD), soldering, debugging and verification
- Basic experience in automated testing, continuous integration, and version control (Git)
- Open to present and communicate our results to the broad public
- Experience with software design, wireless communication protocols and visual design are advantageous
- Very good communication skills in English or German
What we provide
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- Work on future technologies
- Flat hierarchies for your ideas and flexible teams
- Competitive salary
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account.
- Your application should include: motivation letter, CV, copy of university degree certificate, short summary of Master/PhD thesis.
- Applications from women are particularly welcome.
- We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to email@example.com. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Please reference ELECTRONICS-2021 in the subject line. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
Brief profile of Barkhausen Institut gGmbH
The Barkhausen-Institut, founded 2018 in Dresden, is the German IoT institute. We perform research on cutting edge connected technologies and demonstrate their application in the society of tomorrow. Our goal is to build a secure and flexible IoT platform, capable to transform anything into something connected.
Dresden has established itself as the main location for the semiconductor industry in Europe, counting on a lively and well-coordinated ecosystem of industry, startups, research institutes and academia, with proven excellence in several research areas, which are key for the wireless communications industry and the Internet of Things, such as hardware, software, security and connectivity. The Barkhausen Institut has strong links with the TUD and the local R&D ecosystem, and will serve as a catalyzer of technology research into business solutions and technology start-ups.
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you!
Spheres of competence
Traineeships and apprenticeships
Please refer to MINTsax.de in your application
Publication date: 09-06-2021