Deputy Group Leader “Connected Robotics Lab” (m/f/d) in Dresden
Please apply here on „MINTsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
The Barkhausen Institute performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods. At the earliest possible date, we are looking for a
Deputy Group Leader “Connected Robotics Lab” (m/f/d)
The position will initially be filled for a period of 2 years with the option of a permanent position thereafter and will be remunerated in accordance with the public remuneration level TV-L E-13.
Your responsibilities will include
- Planning and supervision of IoT demonstrator and measurement equipment development: You will manage, distribute, and control all tasks needed to fulfil the development of our compelling demonstrators as well as lab and measurement equipment to support the research groups. Also, you will communicate with external partners that are involved in the development. If time permits, you will also directly work on solving implementation tasks.
- Acquisition of third-party funding: You contribute actively to group and interdisciplinary projects and implement the Institute's strategy. You proactively develop cross-group interdisciplinary ideas for new third-party funded projects and coordinate the respective project application process.
- Performance supervision and advising: You facilitate the performance and personal development of our group members and help them strive for scientific and engineering excellence. You lay the foundation of a high level of motivation of your team. You give advice for technical problems of our group members.
- Engagement in Science Communication: In cooperation with our OpenLab team, you enable your team to explain research results in dialog with society, to take up suggestions and to develop ideas together.
We expect the following
- Above-average MSc/Diploma and PhD degree in areas related to our research focus (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science) from renowned universities.
- Excellent and broad knowledge in at least two of the following domains:
- Agile Management of (embedded) software projects
- System Engineering and Interface Design
- Media Design, UI Design, and graphics development
- Embedded software development
- Operation of RF test equipment (Spectrum analyzer, Oscilloscope, Signal generator etc.)
- Basic analog and digital electronics design and manufacturing
- Experience in soliciting and managing externally or internally funded projects.
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills.
- Good communication and writing skills in English and German.
What we provide
- Challenging cutting-edge research topics
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Flat hierarchies and flexible teams for your ideas to soar.
- Competitive salary
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.).
Your application should include: motivation letter explaining your decision to apply at the institute, CV, copy of university degree and PhD certificate, short summary of doctoral thesis, list of publications. Applications from women are particularly welcome.
We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Deputy Corola” in the subject line. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.
This Job resp. positions as 'Deputy Group Leader “Connected Robotics Lab” (m/f/d)' is vacant in following addresses: 01187 Dresden in Sachsen.
Brief profile of Barkhausen Institut gGmbH
The Barkhausen-Institut, founded 2018 in Dresden, is the German IoT institute. We perform research on cutting edge connected technologies and demonstrate their application in the society of tomorrow. Our goal is to build a secure and flexible IoT platform, capable to transform anything into something connected.
Dresden has established itself as the main location for the semiconductor industry in Europe, counting on a lively and well-coordinated ecosystem of industry, startups, research institutes and academia, with proven excellence in several research areas, which are key for the wireless communications industry and the Internet of Things, such as hardware, software, security and connectivity. The Barkhausen Institut has strong links with the TUD and the local R&D ecosystem, and will serve as a catalyzer of technology research into business solutions and technology start-ups.
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you!
Spheres of competence
13 days ago
12 days ago
4 days ago
4 days ago
4 days ago
Traineeships and apprenticeships
11 days ago
9 days ago
Please refer to MINTsax.de in your application
Publication date: 29-06-2022