RF and Lab Engineer (m/f/d) in Dresden
Please apply here on „MINTsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
The Barkhausen Institut, founded in Dresden in 2018, is the German IoT institute. We do research on cutting edge connected technologies and demonstrate their application in the society of tomorrow. Our goal is to build a secure and flexible IoT platform capable of transforming anything into something connected.
The Connected Robotics Lab merges the results of our research and strives to build compelling demos and visualizations. We aim at showcasing 5G and IoT technologies in realistic real-world applications. With a very flat hierarchy as well as an agile team we provide the perfect environment for you to bring in your ideas. We value communication and teamwork to accomplish our ambitious goals together.
We are looking for a Radio Frequency (RF) and Electronics Lab Engineer (m/f/d) to bring these ideas to life together with us. Besides an engineer with good coding skills and experience in testbed development and application we seek someone who participates in the whole development process and shares their unique ideas.
What you will do
- Plan, document, implement and extend our RF measurement testbed facilities
- Implement, document, integrate and test software for new measurement hardware and automations
- Interpret and debug RF and DSP measurement results
- Setup new RF measurement configurations for our researchers
- University Degree in appropriate field (Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or comparable)
- Hands-on experience with RF devices, like spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, USRPs, PXI
- Advanced knowledge in C++, Python and preferably LabView
- Experience with UHD/GnuRadio, digital signal processing, RF impairments, soldering and lab management are advantageous
- Experience in software architecture, automated testing, continuous integration and version control (Git)
- Open to present and communicate our results to the broad public
- Very good communication skills in English or German
You are interested, but you don’t think you meet all the requirements of the job posting? Then you should know: We don’t hire resumes, we hire people. We are looking for potential and want to actively foster it. That‘s why we encourage you to apply!
What we provide
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- Work on future technologies
- Flat hierarchies for your ideas and flexible teams
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account.
- Your application should include: motivation letter, CV, copy of university degree certificate, short summary of Master/PhD thesis.
- Applications from women are particularly welcome.
- We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to email@example.com. Please reference LAB-ING-2022 in the subject line. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address. The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.
This Job resp. positions as 'RF and Lab Engineer (m/f/d)' is vacant in following addresses: 01187 Dresden in Sachsen.
Brief profile of Barkhausen Institut gGmbH
The Barkhausen-Institut, founded 2018 in Dresden, is the German IoT institute. We perform research on cutting edge connected technologies and demonstrate their application in the society of tomorrow. Our goal is to build a secure and flexible IoT platform, capable to transform anything into something connected.
Dresden has established itself as the main location for the semiconductor industry in Europe, counting on a lively and well-coordinated ecosystem of industry, startups, research institutes and academia, with proven excellence in several research areas, which are key for the wireless communications industry and the Internet of Things, such as hardware, software, security and connectivity. The Barkhausen Institut has strong links with the TUD and the local R&D ecosystem, and will serve as a catalyzer of technology research into business solutions and technology start-ups.
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you!
Spheres of competence
2 days ago
2 days ago
11 days ago
11 days ago
9 days ago
Traineeships and apprenticeships
4 days ago
6 days ago
Student Assistant – Radio Frequency Printed Circuit Boards Design, Fabrication & Measurement (m/f/d)
6 days ago
Please refer to MINTsax.de in your application
Publication date: 27-01-2023