Please apply here on „MINTsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
The Barkhausen Institute performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods.
The Connected Robotics Lab merges the results of our research and strives to build compelling demos and visualizations. We aim at showcasing 5G, 6G and IoT technologies in realistic real-world applications. With a very flat hierarchy as well as an agile team we provide the perfect environment for you to bring in your ideas. We value communication and teamwork to accomplish our ambitious goals together.
At the earliest possible date we are looking for a
Deputy Group Leader “Connected Robotics Lab” (m/f/d)
Your responsibilities will include
- Group Direction: You support in shaping the strategic and technical orientation of your team and ensure the quality of the work. In doing so, you contribute actively to group and interdisciplinary projects and implement the Institute’s strategy.
- Your team develops demonstrators for presenting the institute’s research results to scientists and lay people. You supervise and advise this process and develop new demonstrator ideas together with your team.
- Performance supervision and advising: You facilitate the performance and personal development of your group members and help them strive for scientific and engineering excellence. You lay the foundation of a high level of motivation of your team. You give advice for technical problems of your group members.
- Engagement in Science Communication: In cooperation with our OpenLab team, you enable your team to explain research results in dialog with society, to take up suggestions and to develop ideas together.
- Technical skillset: To not lose your technical skillset, you perform development and research tasks on the side and step in for your team members depending on individual skillsets.
We expect the following
- Above-average MSc/Diploma and PhD degree in areas related to our research focus (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science) from renowned universities.
- Creative and open but determined mindset
- Excellent and broad knowledge and experience in at least two of the following domains:
- Software and Hardware Project Management
- Operation of RF test equipment and testbeds (Spectrum analyzer, Oscilloscope, Signal generator etc.)
- IoT hardware and communication protocols
- Robotics Engineering
- Digital Signal Processing
- Experience in soliciting and managing externally or internally funded projects.
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills.
- Good communication and writing skills in English and German.
You are interested, but you don’t think you meet all the requirements of the job posting? Then you should know: We don’t hire resumes, we hire people. We are looking for potential and want to actively foster it. That ‘s why we encourage you to apply!
What we provide
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- Work on future technologies
- Flat hierarchies for your ideas and flexible teams
- Competitive salary
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.).
- Your application should include: motivation letter, CV, copy of university degree certificate, short summary of Master thesis.
- Barkhausen Institute strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability.
- We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Deputy Group Leader “Connected Robotics Lab” in the subject line. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.
Short profile of Barkhausen Institut gGmbH
The Barkhausen Institute is an independent research institute in Dresden, which works closely with the Technical University of Dresden and focuses on the core fields of the Internet of Things (IoT). The institute conducts application-oriented basic research with a time horizon of 5 to 10 years before market launch. As an innovation centre for IoT technologies, it is the contact for local and global industry.
In addition, the Barkhausen Institut attaches particular importance to the communication of research results and research methods. The discourse with the public about technological developments is part of the everyday work of all researchers.