Research Associate “Processor Design” (m/f/d) in Dresden
Please apply here on „MINTsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
The Barkhausen Institut performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods.
The research group “Scalable Computing Hardware” is developing a trustworthy Hardware-Operating System codesigned platform. From this platform we are manufacturing test samples in silicon on a regular basis to verify and measure our hardware design in the lab. We are looking for processor design expertise to engrave our security/trustworthiness ideas also into the microarchitecture of the embedded processor. We are eager to question fundamental processor design structures and build the next generation processor architecture.
At the earliest possible date we are looking for a
Research Associate “Processor Design” (m/f/d)
The position will initially be filled for a period of 2 years and will be remunerated in line with TV-L E-13. The position aims at supporting further academic qualification (e.g. PhD).
Your responsibilities will include
- Engage in ground-breaking research in security-centred processor design
- Show concepts of novel security concepts for processors
- Implement your ideas into our regular ASIC tapeout and verify results on real silicon.
We expect the following
- Above-average Msc/Diploma or PhD degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering from renowned universities
- Good communication and writing skills in English
- Good programming skills in hardware design languages (Verilog, Chisel, …)
- Knowledge in software programming languages (C++, Rust, Python, …)
- Experience with embedded processor design
You are interested, but you don’t think you meet all the requirements of the job posting? Then you should know: We don’t hire resumes, we hire people. We are looking for potential and want to actively foster it. That‘s why we encourage you to apply!
What we provide
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- Work on future technologies
- Flat hierarchies for your ideas and flexible teams
- Competitive salary
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.).
- Your application should include: motivation letter, CV, copy of university degree certificate, short summary latest research activities or thesis.
- Barkhausen Institute strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability.
- We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Processor Design” in the subject line. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.
This Job resp. positions as 'Research Associate “Processor Design” (m/f/d)' is vacant in following addresses: 01187 Dresden in Sachsen.
Brief profile of Barkhausen Institut gGmbH
The Barkhausen-Institut, founded 2018 in Dresden, is the German IoT institute. We perform research on cutting edge connected technologies and demonstrate their application in the society of tomorrow. Our goal is to build a secure and flexible IoT platform, capable to transform anything into something connected.
Dresden has established itself as the main location for the semiconductor industry in Europe, counting on a lively and well-coordinated ecosystem of industry, startups, research institutes and academia, with proven excellence in several research areas, which are key for the wireless communications industry and the Internet of Things, such as hardware, software, security and connectivity. The Barkhausen Institut has strong links with the TUD and the local R&D ecosystem, and will serve as a catalyzer of technology research into business solutions and technology start-ups.
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you!
Spheres of competence
SimulationR&Ddevelopment engineerSystems engineerinformaticsTelecommunicationsprojectmanagementC++ConstructionElectrical engineering
Research Associate “Digital Hardware Design” (m/f/d)
7 days ago
5G Testbed Engineer (m/f/d)
14 days ago
Deputy Group Leader “Connected Robotics Lab” (m/f/d)
2 days ago
Deputy Group Leader “Wireless Connectivity” (m/f/d)
14 days ago
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter “Digitales Hardware-Design” (m/w/d)
7 days ago
Traineeships and apprenticeships
Student Assistant – Electromagnetic Radiation Strength Demonstrator Design (m/f/d)
11 days ago
Student Assistant – Radio Frequency Printed Circuit Boards Design, Fabrication & Measurement (m/f/d)
11 days ago
2 Stellen für ein Freiwilliges Soziales Jahr in der Wissenschaft (m/w/d)
9 days ago
Please refer to MINTsax.de in your application
Publication date: 14-03-2023