Please apply here on „MINTsax.de“ with the „Apply Now“ link/button at the top right.
Note: Please apply exclusively via our direct application link hosted by Empfehlungsbund and MINTsax.de: https://en.mintsax.de/jobs/239515/software-defined-radio-and-testbed-engineer-m-slash-f-slash-d-in-dresden. We are looking forward to meet you!
The Barkhausen Institute performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods.
The Connected Robotics Lab merges the results of our research and strives to build compelling demos and visualizations. We aim at showcasing 5G and IoT technologies in realistic real-world applications. With a very flat hierarchy as well as an agile team we provide the perfect environment for you to bring in your ideas. We value communication and teamwork to accomplish our ambitious goals together.
At the earliest possible date, we are looking for a
Software-Defined-Radio and Testbed Engineer (m/f/d)
The position will initially be filled for a period of 2 years and will be remunerated in line with TV-L E-13. The position aims at supporting further academic qualification (e.g. PhD).
Your responsibilities will include
- Implement, document, integrate and test software for software-defined radios and other lab hardware
- Plan, document, implement and extend our RF measurement testbed facilities
- Perform, interpret and debug RF and DSP measurements
- Setup new RF measurement configurations for our researchers
We expect the following
- As an engineer with decent experience in software development and lab work, we seek someone who participates in the whole development process and shares their unique ideas.
- University Degree in appropriate field (Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or comparable)
- Knowledge in Digital Signal Processing, C++, Python and Linux
- Advantageous: Hands-on experience with lab work (Oscilloscope, Spectrum analyzer, USRP)
- Advantageous: Experience in software architecture, automated testing, continuous integration and version control (Git)
- Open to present and communicate our results to the broad public in German language
- Very good communication skills in English or German
You are interested, but you don’t think you meet all the requirements of the job posting? Then you should know: We don’t hire resumes, we hire people. We are looking for potential and want to actively foster it. That’s why we encourage you to apply!
What we provide
- An open and creative team
- Agile working hours and workflows
- Cross-disciplinary projects
- Work on future technologies
- Flat hierarchies for your ideas and flexible teams
- Competitive salary
If you have passion for new technologies and the desire to develop the connected world of tomorrow with us, we are looking for you.
Life and science are compatible at our institute. We offer a range of recognised family-friendly measures, such as part-time work, mobile working and flexible working hours that take family needs into account. We also offer support for arriving in Dresden (all formalities, apartment etc.).
- Your application should include: motivation letter, CV, copy of university degree certificate, short summary of Master thesis.
- Barkhausen Institute strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability.
- We only accept complete documents as one single PDF document by e-mail to email@example.com. Please reference “Software-Defined-Radio and Testbed Engineer” in the subject line. Applications that contain other file formats (e.g. Word, Excel) will not be considered in the selection process. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.
Short profile of Barkhausen Institut gGmbH
The Barkhausen Institute is an independent research institute in Dresden, which works closely with the Technical University of Dresden and focuses on the core fields of the Internet of Things (IoT). The institute conducts application-oriented basic research with a time horizon of 5 to 10 years before market launch. As an innovation centre for IoT technologies, it is the contact for local and global industry.
In addition, the Barkhausen Institut attaches particular importance to the communication of research results and research methods. The discourse with the public about technological developments is part of the everyday work of all researchers.